To create the SMTP Connector, follow the steps below:
- Open Exchange System Manager (ESM)
- If Administrative Groups is displayed, expand the Administrative Groups folder (Otherwise proceed to step 4)
- Expand First Administrative Group (or the relevant group if it has been renamed or if there are multiple groups)
- If Routing Groups is displayed, expand the Routing Groups folder (Otherwise proceed to step 6)
- Expand First Routing Group
- Right click Connectors
- Select New then SMTP Connector...
Enter a descriptive name for the new connector. For example, SpamWeeder Premium Connector (1).
Select Forward all mail through this connector...
- Enter outbound1.spamweeder.mailshelter.com (the SpamWeeder Premium service address) into the Smart Hosts field.
- Under Local Bridgeheads, select the Add... button.
- Select the appropriate Exchange server from the list. This will generally be the Exchange server you are working on. Click the OK button (which will be enabled once a server has been selected):
- Click the Apply button to save the SMTP Connector Properties.
- Select the Address Space tab:
- Click the Add... button:
- Click the OK button
- Select SMTP as the Address Type
- Keep the default values given:
Email domain = *
Cost = 1
- Click the OK button twice to complete the creation of your SMTP connector.